Saturday, December 29, 2012

Some more photo's...

The house is coming along nicely and though I am in SC, I thought that I would share an update on the work that I did before I left. I have built a few raised garden beds which will hopefully feed me this coming season. There are 3 beds. One is 3x6, one is 3x3 and another is 1x6 and runs down the side of the porch. This one will have running beans in it (and up a lattice) and act as a privacy screen for the porch. 
I also started the stair/bookshelves for getting into the loft. It is made from 2x3's and recycled oak boards (for stairs) and will hold most of my library. There are three stairs and a large 3x6 closet for clothes. The stairs are steep and a little narrow but they are bolted to the wall and seem to work fine. I still have to put the shelving in and finish the sides.


Raised garden bed....It is 3x6 and 10" deep. 

Underneath the loft. It rests on beams lag bolted into the wall studs. It is 6'x8' and there is about 3' headroom on the high side from the top of the mattress. A thinner mattress is in the near future for a little more headroom.



The beginning of the bookshelf/stairs. It is built from 2x3's and while the steps are pretty high it is not too hard to get in and out of the loft. I hope that it will hold a lot of books. i have yet to put the actual shelves in.

Steps.....books.....whoopee! The steps are made out of recycled oak from some old pallets.

The final step will be the top of my closet. It will hold hanging clothes as well as have two deep drawers for folded clothing and socks/undies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment