Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gizmo's....

.......So I stumbled across a 12v ceiling fan on Ebay the other day and with a couple of bucks left in my Paypal account I pulled the trigger. The fan arrived in a box about the size of a mason jar (not a good sign) and after I put it together I was the proud new owner of a tiny ceiling fan for my tiny house....

  I mounted the fan the other day on the high side of the ceiling and hooked it up to the batteries. It moves air pretty well for being as small as it is and if you sit directly under it you can feel a slight breeze. keep in mind that it is at the high side of the ceiling, about 10'. I don't know how it will affect the batteries if left on but it is rated at 6W.....or .5 amps. I sat under it while watching a movie last night (it was a hot day) and it was pretty nice. I think in the winter it will really help keep the house more evenly heated. The downstairs is always cold and up in the loft it is a suana so a small fan circulating the hot air (pulling it down) should help a lot.

The fan cost 30.00 shipped and while small and kind of toy like there are not many options out there for 12v ceiling fans so in my book this was a score.....

here is a link to the Ebay auction..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400409291951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649


1 comment:

  1. Cheap find! Congratulations on your new ceiling fan! Though it's small and simple, the best thing about it is that it serves its purpose to you and to your tiny house. And while it's diligently doing its job, I hope you'd make sure to take proper care of it. Best of luck!
    Brooklyn Fan & Blower Sales Company

    ReplyDelete