Thursday, October 2, 2014

Home Improvement......

I have been pretty lazy this summer, focusing more on having fun than homesteading. The result is that the tiny house is getting a little wild. The bushes have grown up around the property making the house seem very set in and frankly, I kind of like it. Changes are coming though. I am on the process of trying to purchase 1 acre in town and move the house which means I have a bunch of work to do. Ideally this will happen before the cold sets in so I have started organizing my tasks in order to be ready as quickly as possible.
 
The property I am trying to buy is a little different that what I am working now. There were 2 mobile homes there in the past and they are on city water (and septic and electricity). While I would prefer to remain off grid I may have to hook up to utilities to get a C/O. I am not sure but it should not be too hard to do if it comes down to it. The big X factor is the composting toilet. I need to get approval from the county to use one and they are still not very common out here. Fingers crossed.
 
The house has weathered pretty well this summer although I really need to re-do the siding. I was hoping to do it all at once but I think it may come down to doing a side as money comes in. Work has been slow and funds are definitely tight. I also rented a studio space which is eating into the house money. That will have to go away If I buy the land anyway.

Well not much to tell...I wish I had more.

No comments:

Post a Comment