Thursday, October 20, 2011

My new old tiny house...

.....so I have been a dedicated van dweller for the last three years and as winter approaches I find myself really wanting to nest a bit. I kind of miss having a home. The van is great in the summers but I usually head south for the winters. Well, I have a new job and I have decided that I need to stay in the mountains for the winter. Which means I need a place to live....that is not the van.
I have been wanting to build a tiny house for a few years now, ever since I first discovered the movement on the internet but there was always a reason not to....mostly my desire to change venues every six months or so and the fact that I have never owned a vehicle that will pull a house on wheels. Recently I inherited one of the changing rooms that the rafting company used while we were building our new outpost and I have decided to make it into a small but modern living space. I can live in it on our property in the winter and hopefully find a spot for the summers. If not it's back to the van for me (which is not too bad either!!) This blog is to document the renovation from hollow shack to a modern, comfortable living space.
Here are some photo's of what I want....

No comments:

Post a Comment