Wednesday, November 9, 2011

lowered expectations....

so I have not gotten nearly enough done for my liking. My day job distracts me from the cabin build and the cabin build distracts me from my day job and I am getting nothing done. The windows are coming along. I have a coat of paint on them and though I could have made them nicer they will look fine. Tomorrow I will frame them out and finish painting and assembling them. The bits that I bought at the junkyard are OK. The stove should work and I am starting to really enjoy the golden yellow color. The 12v lights should all be fine. The RV electric service and the fresh water supply box were garbage. Both got trashed. I did salvage a nice 25' heavy duty power cord from the power supply so it wasn't a total loss. I was temped to fix it (the transformer was fried) but I van buy a new one that charges my house batteries for a couple hundred so I think I will save myself the effort since the part number on the transformer did not cross reference. I have a small 110v to 12v converter that came with a crappy thermo-electric cooler which I may be able to test things.
  I really need to get the shack dried in before I leave for Cincinatti so I gotta get to work! I can do the interior while its cold out but I shudder at the thought of putting siding up in 20 degree weather! This weekend I will push....get the windows done, sliding door put in, run wire for 12v lighting and get the siding up......even if I have to hodge podge the old and left over sheets together. I plan on re siding the whole thing down the line so it just needs to survive this winter......and keep me warm. More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Stayu with it and you'll acheive your goal.

    Bob (aka stude53)

    ReplyDelete