Thursday, November 17, 2011

Some tiny house items that I may add..

I have a small RV shower pan that a friend was going to use in a school bus conversion. This will be the basis for my shower. You will have to step up and in but it has a tiny footprint and should work ok in the tiny bathroom. I have been thinking a lot about utilities. I have already decided to run 12v wiring for the RV lights that I bought. I would like to run gas too.... I have three LP fixtures (stove, heater, and I plan on getting an on-demand hot water heater for the shower. I would like to have just on gas hook-up outside. The plan is to plumb the back wall with gas pipe with a section going around the front of the house to where the heater will live. here is a link to the shower..


Water will be stored in rain collection barrels outside and a 12v on demand pump will provide the water pressure to turn the heater on. I would like to figure out a way to divert this hot water to a kitchen faucet too....hmmmmmmm I may have to buy two of these. One for the shower and one for the sink.

The heater I plan on getting is a 3 panel propane heater with a thermostat. I plan on leaving this heater on low all the time to keep the house from freezing. With a thermostat it will only run when the temp inside dips. I intend to use the wood stove for heat but since a fire only lasts a couple of hours the propane heater should make mornings bearable. here is the heater....

I plan on supplying these fixtures from a 100lb tank outside. Ideally I will get a month out of a tank but I will keep a couple of 20 pound tanks filled just in case....

that's it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment