Tuesday, November 15, 2011

takin' care of business..

So I have been working away at the shack and my new job. I am leaving on Sunday for my winter job in Cinncinatti and I have been trying to get the building dries in. The side walls are up (with old chipboard) and the windows are in. The windows work....sort of. Putting them in racked them a bit and they don't open and close very well but that's ok. I will shave where they are sticking next summer. Some bits came to finally make the stove pipe work right. That has been a chore. My stove has not been made in quite awhile and it uses 5" inch stove pipe (uncommon). I thought that it used 4" and ordered a bunch of that last season......nope. So last week I bought a section of 5" pipe and a 5"-4" reducer. Everything fits and when I go through the roof it should be right on. getting through the roof is going to be tricky but I should be ok with a metal box, brackets,  flashing, and an angled roof flashing. I will do that when I get back after I put up drywall.
 
 My to do list before I leave.....
1. Finish upper end wall (I should have enough chip board to piece it together)
2. Frame a table for the stove 2'x2'
3. Get a new window for the front (might have a freebie) and install
4. Get and Install the sliding glass door.

If I don't get the door I will buy a sheet of plywood and board the opening up until I get back. I am getting a freebie but it is taking forever. I would like to have the outside at least roughed in so I can work from the inside out when I get back.

I have been looking at the floor and I will have to put new sub-floor down before I put flooring in. This will be done last but it's on my my mind because my buddy put laminates down in his schoolie last night and it looks amazing. I think a layer of blue foam will go down too.....extra insulation can't hurt!

Here are some pics.......

No comments:

Post a Comment